The Semien Mountains (Amharic: ስሜን ተራሮች) (or Səmen; also spelled Simien and Simen), in northern Ethiopia, north east of Gondar in Amhara region, are part of the Ethiopian Highlands. They are a World Heritage Site and include the Simien Mountains National Park. The mountains consist of plateaus separated by valleys and rising to pinnacles. The tallest peak is Ras Dejen (4,550 m); other notable heights include Mounts Biuat (4,437 m) and Kidis Yared (4,453 m).
Because of their geological origins, the mountains are almost unique, with only South Africa's Drakensberg having been formed in the same manner and thus appearing similar. Notable animals in the mountains include the walia ibex, gelada, and caracal. There are a few Ethiopian wolves.
What is included in the tour
- Hotel pick up and drop
- Experienced English speaking guide
- private car
- local guide fees
What is NOT included in the tour
- Alcoholic beverages
- 4 nights and 5 days in luxury 4 Star hotels
- Travel to GONDER
- Visit the City and Enjoy
- Travel with a private driver by air-conditioned vehicle
- You will have your private guide with extensive knowledge about the cities and places you visit
- 4-star accommodation with breakfast plus airport/hotel pickup and drop-off are included